John Barrowman dropped from ITV’s Dancing on Ice after flashing claims

Hollywood


John Barrowman has formally been sacked as a choose on ITV’s Dancing on Ice after flashing claims.

The 54-year-old entertainer has appeared as a choose within the movie star skating competitors since 2019.

This information comes 5 months after the Scottish-born American actor admitted to “tomfoolery” on the set of Doctor Who, following allegations that he would expose his penis to different solid members.

“We thank John Barrowman for two brilliant years on the Dancing On Ice panel,” a spokeswoman for ITV stated in an announcement, including that the tv character will nonetheless seem on upcoming particular episodes of ITV present All Star Musicals.

“[We] are pleased to be working with him again as host of the forthcoming All Star Musicals specials,” the assertion learn.

The Independent has contacted Barrowman’s consultant for remark.

(Getty Images)

In April 2021, a 2015 video from a Doctor Who convention was unearthed, wherein actor Noel Clarke alleged that Barrowman would expose himself on the present’s set and take “his d*** out every five minutes.”

Soon after the claims, the TV presenter advised The Guardian that he did have interaction in “tomfoolery” whereas working on Doctor Who and its spin-off Torchwood and that he has advanced within the years since.

The actor stated his “high-spirited behaviour” was “only ever intended in good humour to entertain colleagues on set and backstage.” He added: “With the benefit of hindsight, I understand that upset may have been caused by my exuberant behaviour and I have apologised for this previously.”

In 2008, Barrowman apologised after flattening his trousers throughout an interview with BBC Radio 1, saying that he had joined in “the light-hearted and fun banter of the show” however “went too far.”

Access limitless streaming of flicks and TV reveals with Amazon Prime Video Sign up now for a 30-day free trial

Sign up

In his new assertion, he reiterated his stance, saying: “Since my apology in November 2008, my understanding and behaviour have also changed.”

Julie Gardner, an government producer on Doctor Who and Torchwood, additionally confirmed to The Guardian that she had obtained a grievance about Barrowman’s on-set behaviour “around 2008.”

However, just a few customers on social media should not proud of ITV’s assertion about Barrowman.

Sunday Times bestselling writer Melanie Blake hit out at showbiz by claiming that she has labored on reveals the place Barrowman did his “light-hearted flashing.”

She wrote: “‘Axed’ but given another show on the same network? Before I get trolled I’ve worked on shows where he did his (according to him) ‘light-hearted flashing’. This statement says a lot about showbiz. ‘ITV said ‘We are pleased to be working with him as host of the All Star Musicals.’”

“Just disgusting. How he is in work I will never know!! I’m shocked this broadcaster would one minute refuse to work with him and then allow him to posable behave like this again by working with him again. Showbiz is embarrassing,” wrote one other social media person.

Another individual wrote: “So he’s axed but he isn’t axed? If you can make sense of this then you’re a better person than me.”



Source link

Leave a Reply