India’s G. Sathiyan bowed out of the World Table Tennis Championships after a valiant effort against Quadri Aruna on Thursday. The Indian paddler went down combating against the Nigerian as the scoreline learn 11-9, 7-11, 13-15, 11-3, 11-9, 11-9. The match was held on the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston.
Sathiyan was the one Indian paddler left within the fray vying for a medal within the singles occasions. With him additionally out, India’s world desk tennis championship medal hope in males’s and girls’s singles occasion ended.
However, all hope will not be misplaced for the Indian contingent. The ladies’s doubles workforce of Manika Batra/Archana Kamath and the combined doubles workforce of Sharath Kamal/Archana Kamath and Manika/Sathiyan are nonetheless alive within the competitors.
In ladies’s doubles, Manika and Archna thrashed Nathalie Marchetti and Margo Degraef of Belgium 11-4, 11-7, 11-6. The Indian pair will now face Dora Madarasz and Georgina Pota within the pre-quarterfinal spherical.
Also Read: World Table Tennis Championships: When and the place to observe, tickets information
In the combined doubles occasion, Sharaht and Archana edged previous the Egyptian problem of Assar and Meshref 3-2 to advance to Round of 16. The duo will face France’s Jia Nan Yuan and Emmanuel Lebesson.
Manika and Sathiyan, however, defeated the Puerto Rican pair of Adriana Diaz and Brian Afanador 3-1. They will now face the USA and China’s combined workforce of Wang Manyu and Kanak Jha on the world desk tennis championship.
World Table Tennis Championships outcomes:
- Quadri Aruna bt G. Sathiyan 11-9, 7-11, 13-15, 11-3, 4-11, 11-9, 11-7
- Anton Kallberg & Trula Moregard (Swe) bt Sharath Kamal & Sathiyan 11-9, 9/11, 13-11, 11-7.
- Manika Batra & Archana Kamath bt Margo Degraef & Nathalie Marchetti (Bel) 11-4, 11-7, 11-6.
ALSO READArticle Continues beneath
- Sharath & Archana bt Omar Assar & Dina Meshref (Egy) 9/11, 2-11, 11-5, 11-9, 11-4
- Sathiyan & Manika Batra bt Brian Afandor & Adriana Diaz (Pur) 11-6, 3-11, 11-7, 11-0.